Friday, November 7, 2008

Waiting.

I felt like I needed to wait to add anything after Michael's post, he's tough to follow. I also waited to add anything because there hasn't been anything to add! :) I had labwork done yesterday to check my cell counts but haven't heard anything yet. Usually no news is good news... we'll see if that holds true.  UPDATE!  All labs are normal, wonderful to hear.

I'm getting used to my new routine and I'm finding that I do need time during the day to rest. My side effects are still pretty minimal... some nausea and fatigue, but I'm learning how to manage that too. Amazingly, "lumpy" is already MUCH smaller than it was just a week ago. I can't believe how quickly the medicine destroyed that tumor. I can still feel it, but I would guess it's less than half of it's original size. Good to know it's working!

I have a long-term substitute coming into my classroom on Monday and that has been a huge load off my mind. Zach has become my courier and takes papers back & forth to school every day, I think that will be a permanent job for him. Thanks to all of you for the cards & emails that you have sent... your words are precious to me and have come just when I needed them!

One more thing. The hair is still there. I'm thinking that I have about one more week, but every day I give it a few tugs to see how it's holding on. ha

2 comments:

crod said...

Hi Jennifer, yes Michael is a tough act to follow. Oh, hair smair. Stop pulling on it. When it's ready to come out, you will know. It comes out in clumps and you might want to have it removed with an electric razor. Remember that those things are filthy so you will need to buy a new one or make sure the one you use is cleaned with antiseptic first. I hope I am not coming off too strong. But my very good went through this 2 years ago. She is also a mother and was a trooper and she kicked its ass. She is now cancer free and leads a wonderful life. She lives in Ireland and has a vacation house near me. I see her often and it is soooo refreshing to talk about this beast in past tense. You will too real soon I trust. Stay close to God, eat when you are hungry and rest when you need to. You have an amazing support system so don't be afraid to call on them. And when it comes time to wear your new hair, wear it proud! One day you will look back and say "remember when". Stay strong and lots of love, Chris

Mike Allen said...

I just got a note from Luis Reyes of Artesia New Mexico. Louie was my manager of my High School Baseball Team and has been a friend all these years later. He stated that he has started to pray and fast for Jennifer's healing and that God will protect her. What a Great Man to remember our family after all these years and to do this for Jennifer. I stand amazed at the love and comfort that continues to come from everyone and I continue to tear up in joy and thanks for all that Louie and others are doing