Monday, November 3, 2008

Prednisone is not my friend.

Everybody who knows me has heard me talk about how much I hate my prednisone, even the tiny amount that I take every day.  I'm taking about 10 times my normal dose for a few days (part of the chemo) and it has reminded of just how much I don't like it.  Two big reasons why prednisone sucks...  
1.  I'm jumpy and irritable (like I've had way to much caffeine and PMS at the same time)  ha
2. I'm awake at 3 a.m. writing this!
Other than that, I'm doing okay.  One of the weirdest side effects is that I have a really dry mouth, but I have mouth rinses that I'm using and I drink a ton of water so I guess that's a good thing for my system.  I'm a little achy, just kind of like I have the flu.  Nothing else yet!  My family is taking such wonderful care of me... after my mood yesterday I know that Michael has the patience of a saint.  Love that man!!!

3 comments:

JENNA said...

Hang in there Jennifer. You,michael and the boys are in our prayers. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you guys. :)Jenna

danne said...

Well you know how we hate things that 'suck'...just pretend you've had alot of really good Starbucks. You can do this! You can do anything. I've always been so proud of your strength and determination.
Take care of you and remember I love you more than life itself.
aunt danne

Anonymous said...

Michael is not really known for his patience. ;o) His patience and support for you just shows how much he loves you! I know he would do anything for you.

Take care and praying for very manageable symptoms! Love you.

Michelle