Friday, November 21, 2008

finished with round 2


Today went well! We met with the doctor this morning before my infusion - my white count is at 11,000 which is wonderful. It rebounded on it's own, without the help of any Neulasta ( a shot to stimulate the production of white cells). The Neulasta can cause some pretty severe bone pain so I'm happy to be able to go without it. I won't need it at all if my counts continue to rebound on their own - yay! I have my last round of chemo. on December 12 and then we will start radiation about 2 weeks after that. My doc said that he will repeat the PET scan after radiation - so probably sometime in February. The infusion itself was uneventful. I took a nap for the first hour and a half and then Michael brought me the best chicken noodle soup from the cafeteria. He had to bring some jello for dessert, as nobody gets to have lunch at the hospital without a wonderful jello dessert, right? Tonight I am home & resting...I'm already feeling a little tired & a bit nauseous. We are having a birthday party for Zach tomorrow so I'm getting ready for that (no, it's not at our house thank goodness). I'm guessing that by tomorrow night I'll be ready for lots of rest - and maybe some Tylenol. :)

1 comment:

Christi said...

Yea, # 2 down! Glad to hear your white counts are doing well! You go, girl! You might try munching on some green, seedless grapes for nausea. The fundraising sounds awesome! We, too, were blessed with countless acts of love and support! God will take care of your every need.